06 MAY 2021
Subj: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EMERGENCY MANAGERS (IAEM) 2021 UNIFORMED, CIVILIAN, AND AUXILIARY MEMBER EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AWARDS
1. The Coast Guard recently solicited for nominations for the IAEM 2021 uniformed, civilian, and Auxiliary member emergency management awards. Please submit nominations in accordance with the guidance below.
Captain Scott L. Johnson
Chief Director of Auxiliary (CG-BSX)
R 031501Z MAY 21
FM COMDT COGARD WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF EMERGENCY MANAGERS (IAEM) 2021 UNIFORMED, CIVILIAN, AND AUXILIARY MEMBER EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AWARDS
1. This ALCOAST solicits Coast Guard nominees for the IAEM Uniformed Service Awards Competition in three award categories: IAEM-USA Military Emergency Manager of the Year, IAEM-USA Civilian Emergency Manager of the Year and the IAEM-USA Auxiliary Emergency Manager of the Year. These awards recognize individuals serving in the uniformed services of the United States who have consistently demonstrated significant contributions to the field of emergency management while continuously self-developing as emergency managers.
2. The award guidelines are as follows:
a. Eligibility: Uniformed members may be Active Duty, Reserve or Auxiliary members. Civilians include members of the civil service.
b. Nominations must be made and submitted by the first O-6 or GS-15 equivalent or above for the Military and Civilian categories. Nominations for the Auxiliary must be made and submitted by any Commodore, Squadron Commander, Director of Auxiliary, or O-6 or GS-15 equivalent or above.
c. Submission requirements: Command recommendation memo with complete contact information for the nominee and nominator and a one-page description in bullet form of significant achievements and contributions to include the following categories: Accomplishments, Job Performance, Technical Competence, Leadership Ability, Initiative, and Resourcefulness. Use of abbreviations is acceptable with an abbreviation list on a separate sheet. Use only Times New Roman font with 10 or 12 point font size.
d. Period of award: 1 Jul 2019 through 31 Dec 2020.
3. Additional details about the IAEM award and template for the award nomination can be found at: https://www.iaem.org/2021-awards-program.
4. Nominations with command endorsement must be received via email no later than 25 May 2021. Nominations are to be submitted to Jeanita.A.Jefferson@uscg.mil.
5. POC for this award program is CDR Jeanita Jefferson, COMDT (CG-OEM-2), Jeanita.A.Jefferson@uscg.mil or 202-372-2261.
6. Ms. Dana Tulis, Director, Emergency Management (CG-5RI), sends.
7. Internet release is authorized.
***For many reasons including the value of keeping communication lines clear and open as well as facilitating access to training and educational tools, all Auxiliarists are urged to have their own email address and to keep it updated in AUXDATA.***
*All ALAUX’s are posted on the Chief Director of Auxiliary web site located at: CHDIRAUX ALAUX
If you have a question regarding this ALAUX, please seek resolution within your Chain of Leadership and Management (COLM) including up to your servicing District Director of Auxiliary (DIRAUX). If your question still cannot be resolved after that, then please email CGAUX@uscg.mil.